The mineral cabinet by Haupt
- Localisation : Antechamber
- Année de création :1774
- Artiste :Georg Haupt
Oak, rosewood, sycamore, birch, amaranth, holly, ebony, brazil wood.
The mineral cabinet by Georg Haupt, dating from 1774, is made up of various types of wood and topped with minerals. This is one of the rare pieces of furniture belonging to the Princes of Condé that was returned to Chantilly after the revolutionary period. This cabinet, which contained a rich mineral collection, was a gift to Louis-Joseph de Bourbon, Prince of Condé, by King Gustave III, following his visit to Chantilly on 25 March 1771. The prince had created a science and natural history room in the Petit Château, which King Gustave III had visited during his stay.