We are delighted to be open to the public
Welcome to the Château de Chantilly !
Our team is ready to welcome you in optimum conditions. The Château de Chantilly has implemented health measures to ensure your safety throughout your visit:
- Respect of barrier gestures and social distancing of at least 1 metre
- Respect of maximum visitor numbers
- The château’s capacity to implement essential protective measures to prevent the spread of the virus for its staff and its visitors
- Display of important information on health measures
- Daily cleaning of the premises
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our reception desk from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday, our receptionist will be happy to provide any information you require: + 33 (0)3 44 27 31 80
1. Plan your visit
- Face masks are compulsory in the Château, Grounds and Great Stables.
- It is preferable to purchase your ticket online or via our booking service: + 33 (0)3 44 27 31 80.
- In compliance with current health measures in force in France, visitor numbers are limited to a maximum of 210 people inside the Château. If there are high numbers of visitors, it is likely there will be long delays/queueing and we cannot guarantee access to the château. We invite you to purchase your ticket online, to arrive as soon as the domain opens at 10 am and to start your visit with the Château.
- If you purchase your ticket on site, opt for contactless credit card payment.
- Health and safety instructions imposed by the French government will be clearly displayed at the entrance to the site.
2. During your visit
A visitor circuit adapted to the current situation
- Queues at ticket desks will be managed in accordance with social distancing rules (1.5 metre floor markings), with appropriate signage.
- In the château: the itinerary has been adapted to minimise physical interaction and one-way circulation has been implemented to avoid people passing each other by at entrance and exit points.
Reinforced health measures
- Disinfectant hand gel and appropriate signage have been installed at the entrance.
- Access to toilets is available throughout the itinerary.
- Intensified cleaning has been implemented in reception areas, the shop and toilets.
Limited visitor numbers will apply until 30 June
- The Château, Grounds, Great Stables and equestrian shows are accessible, in accordance with limited visitor numbers in force.
- From 19 May to 9 June, a maximum of 210 people is authorised in all the rooms in the Château. This will increase to 420 people from 10 to 30 June. And to 100% capacity from 1 July.
- Equestrian shows: maximum 35% capacity until 9 June, then 65% until 30 June, and 100% from 1 July. Equestrian demonstrations have been suspended until 9 June. They have been replaced with demonstrations in the Grounds.
Reception and security staff
- Reception and security staff are present at reception and in the various rooms of the château to ensure security for the collections and respect of social distancing between visitors. They also regulate the flow of visitors in each room.
- Reception and security staff are equipped with face masks.
3. Prices and opening hours
The Château is open from 10 am to 6 pm/8 pm for the Grounds
The Great Stables are open from 1 pm to 6 pm
Latest access 1 hour before ticket desks close
Closed on Tuesdays
4. Reception areas and interpretive services
- Audio-guides are not available for safety reasons.
- Guided tours conducted by our guides, including those of the private suites, are continuing but with a limited number of people. It is compulsory for groups of more than 10 people not taking guided tours to create sub-groups of no more than 10 people. There is no upper limit for groups accompanied by State-approved guides. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our booking service: email@example.com